A songfic

Goodbye Summer

Jongin was playing basketball with his friends,Lu Han and Chen,when he suddenly got out of hand the ball that rolled towards some red shoes. The person who wore these shoes picked up the ball and bounced twice. 
<<Kyungsoo-ah!¹>> Lu Han exclaimed in surprise. The boy smiled and gave the ball back to Jongin. The first thing Jongin noticed about Kyungsoo was his lips. Whenever he smiled,they made a heart shape; it was kind of strange but,according to Jongin,he was cute. He looked up and met his almond shaped eyes. 
<<Let's move on to the introductions: Jongin,he is Kyungsoo-hyung²,he's older than us (even though he does not seem to be); hyung,he is Jongin,my schoolmate.>> said Chen.

They met again in the local library. Jongin thought to be the only "loser" in Seoul who spent the summer reading books in the library,instead of going to the seaside or to the mountains. Actually he didn't like summer,because his dance school closed and his home was the place he liked the least. So he went to public places like the library,where luckily there was always no one and he could read until closing time. 
That's why he was surprised when he saw someone sitting on his usual seat. Someone familiar,to tell the truth. He realized when he saw his face: it was Kyungsoo,Chen and Lu Han's friend. He noticed with the eyes wide open Jongin and greeted him.
<<I'm taller than him...>> Jongin thought.
<<I did not expect to meet someone I knew in a place like the library.>> explained Kyungsoo,smiling. 
Heart-shaped lips.
<<I didn't expect to meet you either,Kyungsoo-hyung.>> Jongin answered,shyly and really formally.
<<You don't need to talk formally with me. I'm just a year older than you!>>
That day they talked a lot. Kyungsoo didn't do his summer homework,while Jongin didn't even open the book he took.
After that day (yeah,yeah) we always (yeah,yeah)
Stuck together like the Astro twins,you were me and I was you 

Everyday they spent their free time together,initially whispering in the library. But later,because no one was there (except the librarian),they began to talk louder and ended up being scolded. Both of them didn't know why it was so fun even when they left a bad impression.
♪ I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls
I don't know why it was so fun even when we were being punished 
One day they decided to meet outside the library,at the Namsan Park. Jongin found Kyungsoo with a polaroid camera hid in hand,in the shadow of an oak.  
     The sun is shining brightly, 
     The trees are clothed with green, 
     The beauteous bloom of flowers 
     On every side is seen. 
During their walk Jongin looked out of the corner of one's eye Kyungsoo,that took a few photos of the landscape with his polaroid camera. He felt relaxed. Kyungsoo had walked into his life and made the things better. He was grateful to him. While Jongin was distracted by his thoughts,Kyungsoo secretly took a photo of him. 
<<He came out well in the photo...>> he thought aloud,blushing. Kyungsoo hid the photo in his bag and kept taking photos of the view.



♫  The photos that can't define our relationship is a heartbreaking story 
I'm sorry
Summer,now,goodbye,yeah yeah~


The sun went to sleep and the moon showed up in the sky like a guardian of the night. Both of them didn't want to leave and kept quiet,lying in the grass.



Suddenly Kyungsoo stood up and said,blushing: <<Do you have anything to do now?>>
<<Huh? Um,not really...Why?>>
<<I don't remember if I told you I was a singer...>>
<<You didn't>> Jongin said surprised.
<<...so I'd like to show you my singing skills. Tonight I have to practice...>> 

His voice was full of power. His voice was smooth,velvety and suited incredibly well for difficult high notes or ad libs. His singing was soft and delicate. 
Until now Jongin didn't know what to do in the future,between writing or dancing. He knew now. He would dance with Kyungsoo. He would only dance to his songs. 

Your song on the last day of the school festival,the flickering summer sea
Our feeling that were precious because we were together 
Like the deepening night sky,goodbye~

"Jongin-ah,
I need to study abroad. Thank you for everything."
It was 2nd of September. The students of Seoul began to think about school and became more and more nervous. 
It had been four days since he got that message and he had not answered yet. He went with him to the airport,anyway. But there was an awkward atmosphere. Jongin wasn't angry,he just didn't know how this could have happened. Kyungsoo was smiling to hide his disappointment and to hold back the tears. Jongin had good reasons for not talking to him. He would have told him,when they were in the park. 

♪ Baby oh ~no,oh oh oh
I'm sorry that this is a monologue
~Oh,actually,I love you
And it gets me down the unsaid words that still remain
The story ended without even starting ♪  

It was time to leave for Kyungsoo,Jongin's face was pale. 
<<I'll try to call you from London. Take care,my dongsaeng³.>> his voice cracked at the last word. In fact their relationship wasn't like that between a hyung and his dongsaeng. But they were not able to say it.

♪ The friend label is a label I got to hate
The feelings I've hid still remain as a painful secret memory
I should've took the chance, I should've asked for you to stay
If only our long-time hidden secrets were revealed
I would hold you in my arms
Summer,now goodbye,yeah yeah 





Notes: (¹) "ah" is an interjection.
(²) "Hyung" is a word used by korean males to address another male older than them who they are close to. Hyung literally means "older brother". The female version of this word is oppa.
"Tomorrow Seungjun hyung and I are meeting up with Jinil hyung."
(³) "Dongsaeng" is a korean word used to refer to one's younger sibling or a close friend that is younger than oneself.

Commenti

Post più popolari